Please note that as of June 2022 the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID pre arrival to the US
U.S. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas that allow travelers to enter the U.S. for business (known as B-1 Visitor Visa), for tourism (known as B-2 Visitor Visa), or for both (B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa). Applying for these visas is not as difficult as it seems, but it has some steps to follow, so we recommend reading the guide below to get better help.
What is the B-2 Visitor Visa?
The B-2 Visitor Visa is a nonimmigrant US visa that allows the holder to visit the country for a tourist short-term stay. This can be for recreation, travel, or even family visits. Most non-US travelers have to apply for this visa before entering this country, which is why the requirements aren’t too complicated.
At iVisa.com We have created this complete guide to help you apply for the B-2 Visitor Visa more easily. Therefore, keep reading below to see more information, including prices and processing times.
Who is eligible for the B-2 Visitor Visa?
All citizens who are not part of the US Visa Waiver Program are eligible for this visa as long as they meet these criteria:
- The applicant must prove that the visit is temporary
- The applicant must prove that he or she can self-fund the costs of the visit.
- The applicant must prove that he or she has no interest in staying in the U.S.
- The applicant must have a valid passport to enter the U.S.
All About the B-2 Visitor Visa
How much does it cost to apply for the B-2 Visitor Visa?
The application fee costs USD160. You must pay this fee before filling in the form so that you can continue with the next part of the process.
Keep in mind that you might need to pay other fees depending on where you are applying from. You might need to pay insurance fees, for example. As for the professional photos, remember that iVisa.com has a professional photo service that can be very helpful! And we offer this photo service at an excellent price.
How long does it take to process my B-2 Visitor Visa?
There’s not a specific processing time for the B-2 Visitor Visa because it depends on the embassy from which you are applying and also other details like the workload or how to obtain the documents required.
What we can say is that most of the time, this process can take from 4 to 6 weeks if you have all the documents required and the embassy issues the visas fast enough. However, this is not always the case, so do not buy plane tickets or plan your trip without having the visa first.
Can I apply for the B-2 Visa online?
The application process to get the B-2 Visa cannot be online as it is mandatory to attend an interview at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. What you can do online though is to fill in the Non-Immigrant Application Form (Form DS-160).
Best of all is that soon enough iVisa.com will put at your disposal this form and other extra tools to help you process your visa more easily. This way, you would only have to worry about the interview and not the other bureaucratic part of the process.
By now, you can only fill in the form DS-160 through the USCIS website or the official website of the United States embassy closest to you.
How do I submit my B-2 Visa?
Since this is the most requested visa to enter the U.S., the process is not too complicated, and it has a few steps to follow. These are:
- Step One: Fill in the online Non-Immigrant application form (Form DS-160) and print the confirmation page (you will need this page for the interview).
- Step Two: Upload your digital photo and other documents required.
- Step Three: Pay for the fees and review the information.
- Step Four: Schedule and attend the interview at the nearest U.S Consulate or Embassy. Remember to offer a receipt for the fees and also the confirmation page for DS-160.
Be aware that fingerprint scans are taken during the interview, but in some cases, the authorities can omit that. Once you finish the interview, the consular office will determine if your visa is approved, denied or if you need extra administrative processing.
Before applying for the B-2 Visitor Visa, you must collect a few items first. These are:
- Passport- it must be valid for six months past the date of return.
- A professional and recent photograph.
- Documentation of your previous trips to the U.S (if necessary).
- Proof of funds to cover the cost of the trip.
- Proof of binding ties to your home country.
Other documents may be required depending on your case, especially if the embassy requires extra information to approve your visa.
Tips for Filling out the B-2 Visitor Visa
Applying for a B-2 Visitor Visa is not complicated, but it can be a bit stressful. Therefore, we recommend you consider these tips while completing the process so that you can avoid issues:
- You must offer all of the required information and documents at the interview, otherwise, your application could be denied.
- Always sign with black ink.
- Always answer the questions with honesty, failure to do this could end up not only with a denied visa but also with a denied entry to the country for several years.
- If you are traveling with family members, they need a B2 Visa as well.
How does apply with iVisa.com work?
iVisa.com is a well-prepared company that can help you get many travel documents, including some visas. We know getting a B1 Visa can be very tedious, and that’s why our full service includes the following:
- Online forms with manageable language. Our forms make complex government language easy to understand.
- Team of specialists ready to review your documents. We’ll review your entire application to make sure your application is error-free.
- 100% government compliant photos. Use our photo service to get exactly the right photo, all from the comfort of your home. Just take a selfie and our experts will ensure it meets the correct requirements for your visa type.
- Guidance every step of the way. Our 24/7 customer service team is always available to help you on your application journey.
Do not forget that we do not provide an online process to get the B2 Visa yet, but we might do it in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I stay in the U.S. with a Visitor Visa?
With this visa, you can stay in the U.S. for 180 days per entry.
How many entries do I get with a U.S. Visitor Visa?
This visa offers multiple entries and it is valid for 10 years, so you can visit the U.S. many times once you get it.
Is it safe to use iVisa.com to apply for the B-2 Visitor Visa?
We do not offer the B-2 Visitor Visa yet but stay alert to our website as we might help you get this document in the future. Also, we remind you that our services are reliable thanks to our automated system. Besides, we have an excellent team ready to help you process your documents easier.
I have more unresolved questions, where can I find more info?
Applying for a visa can be complicated, especially when traveling to the U.S. or getting a green card, which is why at iVisa.com we are ready to help you solve your doubts about it. Soon enough will be able to help you get the B2 Visa more easily, but in the meantime, feel free to contact our customer service center for more help about this document or other travel documents you are planning to get.